100% Waves : Your mind won't be on your Kite while surfing, and you'll have mindblowing maneuverability, with a capacity to re-mount upwind and have high level planing.....
The Strutwave is our Kite Sail fully designed for Surfing. After heavy commercial success with the Draw line, L'Ours has developed the Strutwave in collaboration with one of the best Kite designers out there wit the intention to precisely pinpoint the special needs and demands of surfers in terms of Maneuverability and Performance in the Waves. Taking the Base of the Draw they have added the finesse and also strong pivot from the Strutless in order to create the Strutwave.
Conceived and design off of Surfplan 5the best 3D software for Kite conception, utlized by the biggest brands, gaes our seriousness.), the Strutwave is a Kite that is 100% Wave. She has a large Wind Range Usage, notably in low winds where her torque power allows you to undersize without problems. The objective is clearly to have the least amount of sail possible to be the most maneuverable. 100% Surf Spirit.
She offers you a direct and precise feeling, with a moderate presence on the Bar and an incredibley strong reactivity, she's the queen of Kite Loops. But she can release on demand with an almost complete De-power. Making her ideal for Surf.
The Drift Lovers will appreciate this kite that does so when you let her, but you will also find her game ready to go when you demand it. Its large ears aren't there for nothing, they help augment leverage and reactivity. She is also very easily re-launched in reverse by heavily pulling the Bar towards you. Perfect in the waves.
The Strutwave Kites are easy to use. They give you a Precise feeling on the Bar and an Accurate Piloting. Accesible to Riders coming straight out of a learning workshop who are focused on wave riding, but above all they're Perfect for Experienced Wave Riders !!!!
The Strutwave is constructed with time tested materials and strategic reinforcements that preserve the lightness of the Kite. 100% high quality as we see on few beaches, our Kites are built to last.
Wind Range :
This calculation is based on a Rider wieght of 75 kg in conditions considered 'Ideal'. Take note that navigation with a Directional Type (Surf) Board allows you to add a few Knots in Low Wind Range and can be pushed a bit further while maintaining comfort than a Kite with heavy winds and a Twin Tip underfoot.
- In 5 m2, the Strutwave is oriented towards strong winds. She offers a maximum of control with being overwhelmed. She remains managable but not excessive so you're not flying with something out of control.
Ideal Wind Range for the 5,0 Strutwave : 25 kts -> 40 KTS.
Wind Range Tolerance : 23 kts -> 40 kts.
- In 7 m2, the Strutwave is oriented towards moderate to strong winds. She offers you control and holds form in raspy breezes whether they be light or while your tacked out at 20kts.
Ideal Wind Range for the 7,0 Strutwave : 20 kts -> 35 KTS.
Wind Range Tolerance : 18 kts -> 38 kts.
- In 9 m2, the Strutwave is oriented towards medium winds. She offers a maximum of maneuverability for her surface and a real good feeling on the Bar.
Ideal Wind Range for the 9,0 Strutwave : 16/17 kts -> 30 KTS.
Wind Range Tolerance : 15 kts -> 32 kts.
- In 11 m2, the Strutwave is oriented towards medium/light winds. She Planes quick and offers a maximum amount of maneuverability with her surface and has a very good feeling on the Bar. She is obviously a blast when Surfing but also throws it down when cruising.
Ideal Wind Range for the 11,0 Strutwave : 12 kts -> 23 KTS.
Wind Range Tolerance : 10/11 kts -> 25 kts.
- In 13 m2 the Strutwave is oriented towards very light to medium wind. She lifts and planes out quick and is very maneuverable and has a great feeling on the Bar. Works incredibly well in the Surf as she does while cruising.
Ideal Wind Range for the 13,0 Strutwave : 9 kts -> 20 KTS.
Wind Range Tolerance : 7/8 kts -> 22 kts.
- Hybrid C Shape for maximal polyvalence.
- 3 Bladders/Lattes for perfect stability and profile, but minimal for a lighter Kite.
- Moderate Aspect Ratio for the best Combo of Stability and maneuverability.
- DP175LL Skeleton : Leading Edge, Lattes, Tips and Trailing Edge are constructed in this fantastic and remarkable Tissue that is rigid and maintains its solidity and acts as if it were a real skeleton. HIgh Strung, Stability, Longlasting Durability.
- Segmented Leading Edge (20 pieces) of thin center section for a maximum of air flow and throughout the section for the Tips to increase maneuverability.
- Tweaked Profile to maximize the downwind. This profile is optimized by the number of important segments that refine the 3D Shape.
- Strong capacity for Drift due to its Ears that can dig and capture the air allowing for a slowed down air flow.
- Generous Hangtime and Torque. It's a Kite that has power when and where you need it.
- Large Ears that allow for better re-launch and reactivity.
Technical Data :
Large Diameter Screw Valve and One Pump Express System : Super Easy to Inflate/Deflate at lightning speed.
2 Mini Ronstan Briddle sliding Pulleys on a Spectra briddle line : Optimum Kite reactivity.
3 Rear Ear Anchor Points : Gives you choice to augment the Kites maneuverability and it's easy feeling on the Bar (wave navigation), or you may calm down the Kite and augment its feeling on the Bar for ambiance Freestyle.
Reinforcements on the edges and the insignia Black/Red that cuts down the flapping.
Straps at tips of Bladders that help avoid line hooking.
Recommended Bar : GONG KITE BAR 49 cm COMPLETE (not included in kite purchase, sold seperately).
Monocolor Kite available in different colors.
Ears, Leading Edge and Lattes in Dacron.
2 logos GONG KITE son the Extrados between Tips and Center Latte.
Giant Logo GONG KITE, on the Spi at center of Kite.
Surface Logos on Leading Edge.
GONG Kite Technology :
The GONG Strutwave Kites are made in one of the largest Kite Factories in the world and meets the quality standards of the finest Kites in the world.
It is constructed with the greastest care. The Panels are cut by CNC and entirely assembled by hand by the best workers in the Kite Industry.
The materials that we use are amongst the finest. We search for the finest for sure but also we look for endurance and for materials that are time tested.
Briddles made from Dyneema and Spectra with Ronstan Pullys.
High Quality Spi Teijin T9600 (best compromise between lightness/reliability).
Leading Edge and Lattes made with Dacron Dimension Polyan DP175LL (the most rigid on the market and also the most costly).
Latte Bumpers in EVA for protection against hooking and friction.
Reinforcment patches in PVC KN200 along the Leading Egde and Latte extremities.
Bladders TPU 0,1mm for hardcore reliability.
Included Equipment :
Available now !!!
Add this kite to your quiver before another rider takes it ;-)
Got Questions ?
To go and ask all possible questions about this product and read all user/rider feedback, click on the link below:
Discussion sur les Strutwave sur notre forum